Positive Sector Outlooks
Energy and environmental issues are increasingly becoming a major concern for developed nations; receiving unprecedented media and political coverage. Governments around the globe are responding with favorable policies, regulatory mandates and incentives fueling investment and growth in the renewable and alternative energy sector. In Germany, for example, these measures are creating new industries and jobs.
Drivers for Environment and Alternative Energy investments:
- Geopolitical Concerns - secure energy supply and balance energy use
- Increased Demand - competition for resources particularly from the fast growing BRIC economies and the urbanization of global population.
- Supply Depletion - of natural resources, particularly the reserves of oil and gas. Environmental Dislocations - Climate change stresses, loss of biodiversity, loss of arable land, reduced quality of air and water.
- Government Policy - environmental mandates, waste restrictions, targets, subsidies and tax measures supporting alternative energy and efficiencies.
- Economics - Balance of payment benefits, increased energy productivity and manage transportation and power costs.